Servitly billing is based on the number of connected products, published and computed data amount, and other elements that may generate extra costs. To verify your costs, you can refer to the Billing page accessible from your environment overview page.
The billing page is organized into two different tabs, the Overview and Detailed.
The entire billing is mainly based on the concept of DPH (Data Processing per Hour), and for more information about how DPH are computed you can refer to the DPH Computation article.
This tab provides an overview of the billable items:
- Main Counters: a box showing the resume counters of active things, RAW and Total data points, and the Monthly average consumed DPHs.
- Items by Thing Definition: a box showing the count of things grouped by Thing Definition, DPH Range and Service Level.
- Items by Service Level: a box showing the count of things grouped by Level of Service.
- Mobile Data: a box showing the count of active SIMs.
This tab displays the list of billed items (e.g. Things), and for each row you can see:
- Status: the device status, which can be ACTIVE, TEST, DEACTIVATED, DELETED.
- Serial Number: the serial number of the thing.
- Thing Definition: the thing-definition associated with the thing.
- Customer and Location: the customer and location where the thing is registered.
- Activation Date: the date the thing has been activated in the DPS.
- Service Level: the service level associated with the thing.
- Data Points: the total number of data point registered by the thing.
- RAW Data Points: the only data points that have been published by the thing.
- DPH: the number of DPH consumed by the thing.
- SIM: the status of the SIM installed in the thing.
Optionally, by pressing the Export button you can export in a CSV all the information displayed in the table.