The content of the page can be defined using templates, within which you can place widgets that will then load and display the data.
A template is based on HTML and uses Angular as rendering framework. Servitly provides a visual editor helping you in defining templates without coding.
Creating a Template
To add a new Template, you should:
- Enter the Interfaces / Templates page.
- Select whether you need to create a General template or a Thing Definition specific template.
- In case of Thing Definition, select the target Thing Definition.
- Press the Add Template button.
- Provide the template name.
- Press the Save button.
The name of the template must not contain spaces nor special characters, and once saved it cannot be changed.
Editing a Template
To edit a template, you can use the Servitly Visual Editor, which is composed by:
- Design View: a synthetic representation of the template, that you can edit without coding.
- Code View: a text editing area, where you can edit the source code of the template and do everything you want.
Note that custom content may not be recognized by the Design View; in this case a gray box is displayed, and you must keep using the Code View to edit this item.
For more details about editing templates, refer to the Template Editor article.