You can define reports that are generated periodically and sent automatically to your customer and partner users as a PDF attached to an email.
A report is sent only to users who, in the profile preferences page, have chosen to receive periodic reports.
Creating a Report
To add a new Report, you should:
- Enter the Interfaces / Reports page.
- Select whether you need to create a General report or a Thing Definition specific report.
- In case of Thing Definition, select the target Thing Definition.
- Press the Add Report button.
- Provide the name of the report and additional information.
- Press the Save button.
Editing a Report
In the case of a general report, you must select whether it must be generated for customer or partner users.
The report is defined by:
- Name: the name uniquely identifying the report in the configuration.
- Description: a descriptive text of the report content and purpose.
- File Name: the name of the file to be attached to the email.
- Title: the title of the report included in the report cover.
- Scheduling: when the report must be generated, and sent users
- None: the report generation is disabled.
- Weekly: the report is generated every week, you must also specify the week day.
- Monthly: the report is generated every month, you must also specify the day of month.
- Template: the template describing the content of the report. In the case of general report, it must be a general template, else a thing definition one.
- Subject: the text to be used as email subject.
- Body: the HTML text to be used as email body.
According to the specified scheduling policy, report generation occurs after midnight, taking into account the time zone of the customer, partner, or thing.
The content of the PDF report is generated from a template, defined in the same way as for dashboard page templates, with more or less the same widgets. A report is a static content, so controls and filtering buttons cannot be used.