In case the product uses several configuration parameters, Recipes can be used to store snapshots of a set of values covering a specific working case, for instance:
SLOW: a set of parameters values allowing the machine to work slow (slow velocity, high quality)
FAST: a set of parameters values allowing the machine to work fast (high velocity, low quality)
Creating a Recipe
To add a new Recipe to a Thing Definition, you should:
- Enter the Remote Control / Recipes page.
- Select the Thing Definitions tab.
- Select the Thing Definition to edit.
- Press the Add Recipe button.
- Provide the required information.
- Press the Save button and edit the additional information, if needed.
Editing a Recipe
A Recipe is described by:
- Name: the name which is visible to the user in order to select a recipe to apply (e.g. Summer Mode).
- Description: the text describing the recipe purpose (e.g. The set of parameters to be used during the Summer period).
- Parameters: the set of thing-definition parameters and values to be applied.
In addition to manual input, you can also use import/export based on CSV to perform bulk update of the parameters involved in a recipe.
Within the PDS, users can select and apply recipes to remote products using the Recipe List widget.