We inform you that as of October 12, 2023, the Administration area, located in the left menu of the DPS application, will be removed.
There will be no impact to your partners or customers accessing the DPS application, as the Administration area is visible only to users in the organization who have specific permissions, for instance WRITE_ORGANIZATION, WRITE_THING_DEFINITION, WRITE_APPEARANCE, and any other permission to configure the DPS.
This does not mean that you can no longer do what you do today, but you will have to use new pages and tools, as described below.
DPS Application Configuration
The configuration of your DPS applications (e.g. thing-definitions, templates, dashboards, alerts) will have to be done by using the Servitly Console.
For more details about the Servitly Console, you can refer to this article.
The management of organization's users and sub-organizations, has been moved to the Organization page, which will be present in the top-right user menu of the DPS application.
Within this page, you can:
- edit the parent organization information;
- manage the users belonging to the organization;
- manage the sub-organizations.
This page will be visible only to users in the organization who have permission to access and edit information of users or organizations (READ/WRITE_ORGANIZATION, READ/WRITE_USER).
The Servitly billing page has been migrated into the console, and it is accessible under the Overview page of your DPS environment.
Main IoT Connector
The main IoT Connector, which is designed for a cloud-to-cloud integration, can be now configured in the console, under the Integrations / IoT Connector page.
Connection Tokens Management
The management of Connection Tokens can be done by using the new connection-tokens-widget, which is visible only to the users having the READ/WRITE_THING_CONNECTION_TOKENS.
Why do we do this?
The Administration area will no longer be maintained, as there is now the Servitly Console dedicated to the configuration of the DPS applications.
What do you have to do?
- If not already done, we suggest you start using the Servitly Console right now. Note that, the console allows you to do everything you could do in the Administration area and more.
If you do not yet have access, request it from the Customer Success Manager following you, otherwise write to email@example.com.
- Inform the back-office users of your DPS application where they can manage organizations, users and access the Servitly Billing.
- If you are using the connection tokens for thing activation, under the profiled dashboard (e.g. back-office), you can create a page with the Connection Tokens widget.